Wednesday, December 21, 2011

One to Cancer, time to regroup and fight back

I went back to see Dr K on my regular 3 week cycle. We did speak last time about alternitives if my cancer cell count was to keep increasing. Well they have spiked to 145 so immediate action required. I will be going back onto full blown  fortnightly treatment as of January. Hopefully the new drugs will stop the increasing cell counts and if all goes well start reducing again. It does mean I will be back on the rollercoaster of feeling very sick and emotional when I have the treatment. Dr K has told me to slow down again and mentioned I now have no choice as the treatment will make me need more rest. I have started to get some pain in the liver region so back onto the pain killers, which has helped. Although it is a set back, in some ways a am relieved as it was starting to worry me with the increase in cancer cell counts and taking no action. At least we are getting back into the ring to fight again. Well its nearly Xmas and will be spending it with my Family and friends for the first time in many years and then catchup with Meghan's family as well. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Chook, be sure to rest up over the Xmas New Year Break, Hope you had a fantastic Chrissie Day with Sam Mehgan and everyone Vicki Q x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your great experience about cancer...thanks
    Cancer Management

    ReplyDelete